Personal information includes information or an opinion about an individual that is reasonably identifiable. For example, this may include your name, age, gender, postcode and contact details. It may also include financial information, including your credit card information. What personal information do we collect? We may collect the following types of personal information:
• mailing or street address;
• email address;
• telephone number and other contact details;
• age or date of birth;
• credit card information; your device ID, device type, geo-location information, computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, ad data, IP address and standard web log information;
• details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
• any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or app or indirectly through your use of our website or app or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
• information you provide to us through customer surveys; or
• any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your dealings with us
• your purchase ordering activity
• suppliers contact information
• product information
• images that you may upload against a supplier or product.
We may collect these types of personal information either directly from you, or from third parties. We may collect this information when you:
• register on our website or app;
• communicate with us through correspondence, chats, email, or when you share information with us from other social applications, services or websites;
• interact with our sites, services, content and advertising; or
• invest in our business or enquire as to a potential purchase in our business.
Why do we collect, use and disclose personal information? We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
• to enable you to access and use our website www.orderboom.com.au or the Apple Itunes app Orderboom.
• to operate, protect, improve and optimize our website and Itunes App, business and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research and for advertising and marketing;
• to send you service, support and administrative messages, reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and information requested by you;
• to send you marketing and promotional messages and other information that may be of interest to you, including information sent by, or on behalf of, our business partners that we think you may find interesting;
• to administer rewards, surveys, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by us or our business partners;
• to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties; and
• to consider your employment application.
We may also disclose your personal information to a trusted third party who also holds other information about you. This third party may combine that information in order to enable it and us to develop anonymised consumer insights so that we can better understand your preferences and interests, personalise your experience and enhance the products and services that you receive. Do we use your personal information for direct marketing?We and/or our carefully selected business partners may send you direct marketing communications and information about our product Orderboom. This may take the form of emails, SMS, mail or other forms of communication, in accordance with the Spam Act and the Privacy Act. You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us at any time using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided (eg an unsubscribe link).
• our employees and related bodies corporate;
• third party suppliers and service providers (including providers for the operation of our websites and/or our business or in connection with providing our products and services to you);
• professional advisers, dealers and agents;
• payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
• our existing or potential agents, business partners or partners;
• our sponsors or promoters of any competition that we conduct via our services;
• anyone to whom our assets or businesses (or any part of them) are transferred;
• specific third parties authorised by you to receive information held by us; and/or
• other persons, including government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
Disclosure of personal information outside Australia.
We may disclose personal information outside of Australia to our service providers, e.g. some Amazon Web Services (AWS) services are located in United States of America. When you provide your personal information to us, you consent to the disclosure of your information outside of Australia and acknowledge that we are not required to ensure that overseas recipients handle that personal information in compliance with Australian Privacy Law. We will, however, take reasonable steps to ensure that any overseas recipient will deal with such personal information in a way that is consistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Security. We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, as well as unauthorised access, modification or disclosure and we use a number of physical, administrative, personnel and technical measures to protect your personal information. For example, we provide the use of our software with password protection so that only authorised users can access your account with Orderboom. However, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
Accessing or correcting your personal information. You can access the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below or the form at the bottom of this page. Sometimes, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your personal information and, where this is the case, we will try to tell you why. We may also need to verify your identity when you request your personal information. If you think that any personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, please contact us and we will take reasonable steps to ensure that it is corrected.
Making a complaint. If you think we have breached the Privacy Act, or you wish to make a complaint about the way we have handled your personal information, you can contact us using the information below or form at the bottom of this page. Please include your name, email address and/or telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint and respond to you regarding your complaint within a reasonable period of time. If you think that we have failed to resolve the complaint satisfactorily, we will provide you with information about the further steps you can take.